After 6 1/2 years of marriage this was the first holiday we have stayed home! Our original plan was to make a traditional Thanksgiving dinner and stay home and watch football. But then I got an idea to go to an awesome hotel just 15 min away from our house. (Check it out greatwolf.com) We spent the whole first day at the indoor waterpark and then had the Thanksgiving buffet that evening. The best part was that I didn't cook a thing and Preston didn't do one dish...and the kids could eat anything they wanted for dinner, including cereal and gummy worms!
At the hotel they have story time at 8:00pm. All the kids come down in their pajamas and watch the show and listen to a story.
After our Thanksgiving buffet.
This will definitely not work as our family Christmas picture, but at least we have one with a Christmas tree in the background.
Everytime Carter came down the waterslides he would swim over to me and say "Again?"
11 comments:
So much fun! We're thinking about going to a similar hotel in Wisconsin for a couple of days before Christmas. So glad you had a Happy Turkey Day!
I am so glad that you guys had a great time. That sounds like my kind of Thanksgiving!
Wow, what a good idea. You actually got to enjoy the holiday together as a family. We keep it pretty simple so it is not too bad. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving.
That looks like so much fun! And you didn't have to cook or clean?? EVEN BETTER! I'm glad to see you guys are doing so well. What are your Christmas plans this year?
Great idea- that sounds like a blast! I envious of the no dishes and cleaning part!
We love the Great Wolf Lodge! We used to go in Ohio and our kids still ask if we can go back! Glad you guys got to go!
Hi Karee! I'm glad you said hi. I have heard so many stories about the wonderful Karee from Brad and Katie! They both just love you.
Your family is adorable. I can't remember if Katie said you would be in town for Christmas but it would be so fun to see you guys at the "friends get together".
KAREEEEE!!! Hey there! I saw the link to your blog on Meghan and Alisa's blogs and wanted to say hi! So fun to look at everyone's pics and see what they have been up to since HS. You look great and your boys are adorable! Hope you are doing well!! -Vanessa :)
What a great idea and I bet that definitely made your holiday feel like a holiday.
Karee,
This is so great! It would be so nice to know a friendly face in Dallas! I feel like I know all of you girls from all of Jared's stories from high school. Where are you guys in Dallas? Maybe you could help us figure out where to land :) We'll be there at the second part of the summer for an internship at Alston and Bird. It would be so fun to meet up with you guys. Our little boys can be best friends! How fun.
And can I tell you how cool I think it is that you are a fitness instructor? Very cool. What do you teach?
What do you guys think of Dallas? How was the adjustment to the heat after moving from Boise? Do you feel like it is easy to make friends? So fun!
You can email me at prettybritty@gmail.com
Brittany Iverson
(Jared says "hi" too)
Hi Karee - I found your blog from someone in Florida...We've thought about trying out that place sometime too. Looks like you guys had a great time! Great idea for Thanksgiving! Your boys are getting cuter and cuter!
Post a Comment